Access Statement for the Annexe Yew Tree Cottage
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our semi-detached one-bedroom self-catering cottage. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
The Annexe is 9 miles from Bath Spa Station and Bristol Parkway and 10 miles from Bristol Temple Mead with air travel to Bristol Airport (Approximately 30 miles) where hire cars can be arranged, or taxis booked.
Taxis are also available from Bath and Bristol and locally in Kingswood. There is a bus service from Marshfield to Bristol – bus stop in the lane every hour (rom 7am and to 5pm) and Chipping Sodbury to Bath (twice a day)-bus stop at the end of the lane (one mile away)
Brochures and information can be provided in large print by prior arrangement. You can contact us via phone or e-mail (details below)
The cottage is on a quiet lane in the countryside on a hill with a gradual approach on the outskirt of the village of Wick. For best access by car, directions are provided from the M4 motorway (junction 18 and 19)
Arrival & Car parking Facilities
Parking is by the main house’s garage, there is additional parking on the grass in front of the property. The external surface is gravel in the parking area and then flagstones leading with a step of approx. 2” or 5cm in height on the patio at the back of our main house and the annexe is approx. 25m from the parking area. The surface on the patio is slightly uneven and can be a little slippery when wet. There are 3 sensor lights all round. (Above garage and patio)-Key can be obtained from the owners at Yew Tree Cottage. The owners will show round the property.
Main Entrance and Ground Floor Layout.
- Entrance through the front door (hinges on left) one step (5 in-13cms) takes you into the dining/ kitchen area with a cupboard (storage for vacuum cleaner- etc.). Door width is 31” or 80 cm. Once inside the front door, the rooms are all on same level (Kitchen and dining room being open plan). The floor in kitchen/dining-room and lounge is tiled. There is a a rug (under the coffee table) in the sitting room. The floor in the bedroom has a carpet. There is a passage way with ceiling spotlights leading from the kitchen to all the rooms (width 1004mm) with doors to the bathroom and bedroom on the right.
- Kitchen Crockery, cutlery etc. is stored in units underneath the kitchen work bench. · The stainless-steel sink is inset into the work top · the fan electric oven is under the worktop and has a drop down door and 74 cm high. The hob is electric 4-ring induction. Glasses and plates can be found in the cupboard. There is a microwave oven on the work surface in the kitchen and a small fridge with an ice-compartment. Appliance instructions are stored on a shelf in the cupboard. The work surface for food preparation is 90 cms high. Lighting is with ceiling spotlights and lights above the work surfaces.
- There is a table and 4 chairs in the kitchen. The table is 75 cms high and the chairs are without arms.
- Sitting room: On the sideboard in the sitting room is a box with a “Welcome Folder” which has all details of the area in it as well as emergency numbers and leaflets about the area. There is a 2 seater sofa and an armchair in the sitting room, all with overhead lighting and lamps nearby.
- The bathroom has a free-standing power- shower, toilet and basin with heated towel rail. The shower cubicle has a step up, external controls on the right wall (handset), with a non-slip mat provided (stored in cupboard in the bathroom). The washbasin is square with a cupboard underneath; It is 33½” or 85 cm high. The toilet can be approached from the front only. It’s 16.5” or 42 cm high. There is a cupboard in the bathroom where the hot water tank is stored with switches.
- The Bedroom has current standard building regulations compliant door widths and light fittings and switches. It has a double bed (height 24 cms and mattress 20 cms) with 2 bedside tables and plenty of space to manoeuvre either side of the bed ( 75 cms) . Wardrobe has hanging space and shelves and a drawer. There is a chest of drawer with 5 drawers (a hairdryer is stored in the top drawer). A full height cheval mirror is beside the wardrobe on the left-hand side.
There is a washing line in the garden.
There is a patio to the side and guests are welcome to use the garden to the rear.
- There is a small supermarket, post-office, café and hairdresser in the village. There are several supermarkets within 5 miles of the property – Asda in Longwelll Green is open all night during the week and up to 10 o’clock in the evening on Saturday and normal opening time on Sunday), there is also Sainsbury, Waitrose and Marks and Spencer nearby).
- Additional Information: there are storage heaters in all the rooms in the Annexe and there is an additional electric heater in the lounge. There is a TV with Freeview in with remote control as well as a DVD player. · There is free Wi-Fi access · A Smoke alarm is fitted in the corridor, and linked to the burglar alarm · In case of any emergency we provide, spare batteries, a torch, candles and matches. There are 2 hand-held fire extinguishers and a fire blanket in the kitchen · we are a no smoking building (smoking is allowed outside)
- Tea, coffee, oil. vinegar for arrival as well as a welcome pack are provided• Tea towel, hand towel, oven gloves. • Self-catering consumables (washing machine powder, jay cloth and bin bags etc.) are provided.
.Contact information · Address: Mark and Marie-France Perkins – Yew Tree Cottage- Holbrook Lane- Wick- Bristol- BS305NG
Owners Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.yewtreebath.co.uk
- Hours of operation: Open all year.
Arrivals After 3pm. Departures by 10am ·
Emergency number: 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone)
Future Plans: Guest feedback is sought after each stay as to what additional facilities might be supplied and how, if possible, we can improve the existing facilities. We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please do not hesitate to mention them