At a Glance
- The main entrance has level access .
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Kitchen and dining area
- Bedroom: Double Bedroom
Access with steps
- There are steps from the main entrance to:
- The Garden
- The private area at the back of the property
The accommodation is suitable for:
- Older and less mobile guests
- Part-time wheelchair users
- Assisted wheelchair users
- Visually impaired guests
- We are available 24 hours a day.
Yew Tree Cottage
Travel by public transport
- You can get to the Annexe by bus and train.
- The nearest bus stop is on Holbrook Common. The bus stop is 2 minutes/ 5 minutes from The Annexe Yew Tree Cottage.
- The nearest train station is Bath. The train station is 9 miles from the Annexe Yew Tree Cottage. Bristol Temple Mead and Bristol Parkway are 10 miles away
Travel by taxi
- You can get a taxi with BG’s Taxi by calling 0117 9090614 or 07786 620455. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- We have parking in the drive by the main house’s garage. The parking is 25 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
- There is a drive at the main entrance across Common land. This is leveled.
- From the car park to the entrance, there is one small step.
- The route is 1 080 mm wide, or more.
- There is gravel in the parking area and flagstones to access the Annexe Yew Tree Cottage
Path to main entrance
- From the street to the main entrance, there is one small step.
- The path is 1080mm wide, or more.
- The path is levelled.
- The main entrance has one small step (13 cms).
- The door is 800 mm wide.
- The main door is side hung and manual.
- When you arrive, we can help carry your luggage.
Getting around inside
Visual Impairment – General Information
- We have high colour contrast between walls and doorframes.
Level access bedrooms
- The route to the bedroom is 750mm wide, or more.
- The bedroom door is 750mm wide, or more.
- There is unobstructed floor space 1200mm by 900mm, or more.
- The bathroom has a step-up shower.
- The bedroom has windows.
- Bedrooms have ceiling lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight.
- The bedroom is non-smoking.
- The route to the bedroom is 860mm wide, or more. The bedroom door is 860mm wide. There is 450mm at the side of the bed. The bed is 240 mm high and mattress 200mm thick.
- There is wardrobe. You can use the wardrobe sitting down.
- There is a chest of drawers and two bedside tables- they can be accessed sitting down
- The bedroom is double.
- The bathroom has a free-standing power shower. The shower cubicle has a step up. There is a nonslip shower mat available. The direction of transfer onto the toilet is to the front only. The toilet seat is 420mm high.
- The basin is 850mm high. The taps are lever operated. There is a cupboard under the basin, with a pedestal.
Self catering kitchen
- We have an open plan kitchen.
- From the main entrance to the kitchen, there is level access.
- The route is 820mm wide, or more.
- The door is 800mm wide.
- The work surface is available with cupboards underneath and at a height of 900mm.
- The hob is available at a height of 900mm.
- The sink is available with cupboard underneath and at a height of 900mm.
- The oven is available at a height of 740 mm.
- The table and plates have high colour contrast.
- The crockery is kept in base units.
- A table and 4 chairs – The table is 750mm high and the chair are without arms.
- From the main entrance to the lounge, there is level access. The route is 800mm wide, The door is 800mm wide.
- The lounge area is at the end of the corridor
There ais one sofa, seat 460mm from floor and an armchair 460mm from floor.
Getting around outside
- From the patio to the garden, there are 3 steps. There is no lift and no ramp.
- From the main entrance to the gardens, there is level access.
- A small sitting area at the back of the property – 3 steps
Customer care support
- We can charge mobility scooters and battery powered wheelchairs in our garage on request
- You can hire mobility equipment from Bath Shopmobility by calling 01225 481744.
Emergency evacuation procedures
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors.
Customer care support
- Easy Read format.
- Guest information files in The Annexe give details of local services and emergency procedures.
Mobile phone reception is variable depending on your network. A phone can be provided for emergency use in the main house.
- The mobile phone signal inside the Annexe is good